The RECIPE ADAPTORS just made my day!
Peppermint + Chocolate = TODAY’S OBSESSION
Shortbread is pretty traditional at this time of year, but who says it has to be plain?
This recipe results in shortbread which looks pretty and has very subtle flavours of mint and chocolate. It is easy to make, even with the three layers. Wrap these up in some cellophane and they would make a nice little gift for neighbours or friends.
If you don’t like mint then substitute another flavouring instead – hazlenut would work well. You can also amend the food colouring accordingly.
The recipe came from the December 2005 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine (Australian version).
Ingredients – makes about 24:
- 250g/9 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 2 cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 25g/1 oz dark chocolate, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence (or other flavouring of your choice)
- few drops of green food colouring (or use…
View original post 246 more words